Visiting Ireland? Use our guide of top photo spots to document your experience in the Emerald Isle!
Ireland is known for its lush green landscapes, staggering cliffs, iconic castles…and beer of course. The Emerald Isle is truly unique and continues to be a popular destination for millennials.
From the Cliffs of Moher to the world-famous Temple Bar, there are plenty of beautiful sites to be seen and photos to be captured while visiting Ireland. Before you depart, view our carefully curated list of top recommended photo spots. If you’re joining us on our Ireland trip, you’re in luck! We visit several of these spots during our travels. Without further ado, here is our guide to help you channel your inner travel photographer.
The Best Photo Spots in Ireland
There are plenty of beautiful photographic spots across the whole world, but to get some of the best shots you simply have to travel to Ireland, either Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland. Both have a wide range of locations to snap up, this guide will walk you through some of the very best.
- Giant’s Causeway, Northern Ireland. A wonderful coastal walk where you can take in the sights along the Antrim Coast. There are several spots along this coast for you to snap up, including a Giant’s walk, Dunluce Castle and Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge.
- Cliffs of Moher, County Clare, Ireland. A tourist hot spot, but with a good reason. There is plenty of space for you to take as many cliff photos as you could possibly desire.
- Cork Harbour, Cobh, Ireland. This quaint little town is colourful and bright even on the most overcast days. Primarily due to the brightly coloured houses that line the harbour.
- Celtic Crypt, Killarney, Ireland. A spooky little spot that is hard to find, but if you make friends with the locals and they will put you right. Near the Killarney National Park, you will find several Celtic crypts sitting atop a small hill. One can only image the history behind the people interred here.
- Muckross House and Gardens, Killarney, Ireland. It’s the gardens you will want for the photos for the most part. Even on the dullest of days, you will come away with some amazing shots of beautiful flowers and plants.
- Mourne Mountains, Northern Ireland. Not an easy hike, but one well worth the effort. A beautiful horizon awaits you near the top of the mountains. Just be aware of the difficulties ahead of you. How much do you want those photos?
- Killarney National Park, Ireland. An enchanting forest not too far from the town of Killarney. You’ll feel like you’ve just walked through a storybook to get to Torc Falls on the other side, plenty of inspiring photo opportunities.
- Crawfordsburn Country Park, Bangor, Northern Ireland. Just half an hour outside of Belfast this walk promises stunning forests and seaside views in one go.
- Ring of Kerry, County Kerry, Ireland. Sat deep in the south-west of the country a tour of the Ring of Kerry will offer you amazing views. From the Gap of Dunloe to sweet seaside towns you will find more than enough to fill your camera’s memory.
- Cave Hill, Belfast, Ireland. A very tough walk with more than enough payoff in breath-taking views.
So there you have it, some of the best photo spots to be found in Ireland. Of course, this is just a list to get you started so go explore and take some amazing photos to be shared with the world and show everyone just how beautiful Ireland can be.
Other Notable Photo Spots in Ireland
Obviously, Ireland offers MUCH more than just 10 photo spots. Here is a list of some other notable places to take EPIC travel photos.
- Guiness Storehouse
- Blarney Castle, Cork
- Howth Cliffs, Dublin
- Jameson Distillary
- Malahide Castle
- Glendalough, Wicklow
- Ha’penny Bridge
- Mizen Head, Cork
- Poolbeg Lighthouse, Dublin